Saturday, March 19, 2011

A KISS A DAY/1146 MILES

“One of the things that I love about blogging is the music I’m exposed to that I otherwise wouldn’t be. Just going through my inbox from the past couple days, I’ve got music from far-reaching destinations such as London, Tokyo (the first J-pop submission must mean I made it haha), Mexico City, NYC, Chicago, and Athens (GA) among others. There’s no way I would have heard some, if not all, of these performances even if I was connected in Miami, DC, Pennsylvania, and Denver. So I happen to think that it’s pretty cool to feature the Parisian band MONDRIAN. MONDRIAN asked for a minute to listen to their song A Kiss A Day and had I only given them that, I probably wouldn’t have featured the song. It starts to hit the part I like about 83 seconds into the song. Then it really catches its flow from that point on and turns into a nice little indie gem. And yes, I’ll make an obligatory mention of Phoenix. They sound slightly similar to their fellow countrymen. So if you’re into Phoenix or even if you’re not, check out the little diddy from this French indie band (you can download it for free through Soundcloud).= http://1146miles.com/?p=3156

No comments:

Post a Comment