Thursday, December 23, 2010

POP SHOP/DAMIEN IS LISTENING TO...

""I couldn't have stopped myself even if I'd wanted to" Mondrian, in the traditional sense, was a Dutch artist arguably most famous for his paintings of (sometimes) colourful vertical and horizontal lines. In the more contemporary sense of the word, MONDRIAN also happens to be an absolutely enchanting French indie pop twosome. What I love most about this duo is that they do things differently - you can tell they genuinely put their soul into the music they make, yet thankfully without taking themselves too seriously. The sound of the band is all very reminiscent of a bittersweet teenage summer past. Their banjo-heavy, beguiling debut E.P. 'Pop Shop' can be streamed/downloaded over at their Bandcamp, which is something I highly recommend you don't miss out on. Check out an exclusive new track by the same name below, too." = http://damienislisteningto.blogspot.com/2010/12/mondrian.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment